PROGRAMINO IDE - RGB Color Picker
- Easy RGB-Color selector for RGB-LEDs.
- Load the Programino IDE - RGB LED sample (you find this sample in the Programino menu "Arduino Examples\Programino").
- The picture below show the wiring. The resistor R1 to R3 must be adapted to the LED current (typically about 20 mA).
- So that the individual color have about the same brightness, the values have to be adjusted.
- Instead of a single RGB-LED, you could also drive a MOSFET or Transistor and connect power LEDs.
Typical LED voltages:
red -> 1,6V...2,2V
yellow, green -> 1,9V...2,5V
R = (Ub - Uled) / Iled
- The programmcode shows the RGB color picker function.
- To control the LEDs in brightness they are connected to the PWM (Pulse-width modulation) outputs 9 to 11.
Learn more about the PWM-Signal:
- The color picker generate a R,G,B array with values between 0 to 255.
- This values representation the brightness of the colors, 0 is off and 255 is full brightness.
- Have all LEDs a value of 255 then the LED color is white.
- In this image you can see the function of the color mixing.